High School Apprenticeship Program
Adventure, service, and learning in your local community.
AdventureServe Ministries is offering a summer apprenticeship program for high school students to develop Christian character and further the kingdom of God. The program is specifically for teenagers who have completed the 8th grade and are under the age of 19. Participants commit at least 6 weeks (specific weeks are flexible) of service hours and join in the seasonal staff community events. The learning goals include: greater work ethic, practical service skills, enhanced communication ability, adventure skills and authentic expression of faith.
- Participate in up to 2 weeks of Summer Staff Training gaining service & adventure skills
- Assist with program equipment management (organizing, cleaning, trip logistics)
- Assist with maintaining camp buildings and grounds (landscaping, cleaning & repairs)
- Occasionally play support role with mission and adventure groups
- Occasionally assist with special events like 4th of July Festival or Music Festivals
- Participate in staff community events such as spiritual gatherings, meals and fun events
- Meet weekly with Apprenticeship Director to discuss learning goals
Details of Program
- Six weeks over the course of the summer (not necessarily all consecutive)
- At least 20 service hours are expected weekly.
- Normal service hours will be 10am – 4pm. Participants can choose which days to participate (Sun-Sat).
- In addition, optional attendance to staff meals, spiritual services, social activities and adventure excursions.
- Apprenticeship begins as early as May 16 and ends August 6. Participants commit to at least 6 weeks of participation
- Apprentices are encouraged to fundraise support for their summer service. We ask that each apprentice raise between $100 and $1,000. 75% of funds raised will be paid out to the apprentice as a stipend, and 25% of funds raised will cover organizational and oversight costs.
- Meals during service hours will be provided
- Opportunities for mentoring and engaging relationships with staff members
- Strong reference potential for other jobs or future ASM staff positions
Requirements and Qualifications of Participants:
- Ability to work well with others and independently
- Easily directed and flexible with changing tasks
- Willing to follow behavioral guidelines and respect ASM purposes
- Be approved after an interview with director
- Reach out to 5 people to request missions donations toward Apprenticeship Program
- Commit to at least 120 hours of involvement (20 service hours x6 weeks)
To apply, click HERE
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
Flyer for youth pastors: 2017 Apprenticeship Promo